Le Maison de Noel (The Christmas House) is a large family gite which inherited its name from its previous owners. Over time they only ever opened the house when the family came to stay for Christmas. It had stood empty for many years but we have lovingly spent our time restoring the house to its former glory as well as adding the more modern touches it missed to ensure you a comfortable stay.
• Situated behind a large gated enclosed courtyard for your privacy, Le Maison de Noel offers its own external family seating area complete with BBQ. The gite is self contained with everything you will need for your self-catering stay plus it has a woodburning stove for those chilly autumn/winter evenings. The house is over two floors with all rooms facing over the pretty courtyard.
• On the ground floor, there is a large lounge & separate dining room which hosts a family dining table. The fully equipped kitchen will make preparing some of the local delicacies a pleasure. The kitchen leads out onto your external seating area for those al fresco lovers!
• Upstairs there are three spacious bedrooms. One double with an en-suite shower room, a twin bedded room with full-size singles & another double bedroom all with ample storage. The en-suite bedroom leads out on to a large terrace overlooking your surroundings, for early morning coffee while the sun rises & late night drinks while the sun sets! There is also a large family bathroom.
• This gite sleeps 6 however we can add another single bed for a child in the twin room or a sofa bed in the lounge.
• Prices are inclusive of all linen, towels, tea towels (swimming towels Summer) electricity, logs for wood burner. A 7-day break or more will include a welcome hamper of tea, coffee, sugar, milk, bread, some local cheese, a fresh salad, fruit juice and a bottle of local wine. The pool is open June-Sept weather permitting.Enquire Now
- Child's Highchair
- Comfy seating for 8 people
- Coffee Maker
Dishes & Utensils (we have a selection of dishes etc for your use, if there is anything you feel you need please do not hesitate to ask)
The grounds are mostly level but we have a couple of areas that have one or two steps if you require a ramp please let us know at the time of booking. We also have a selection of bikes for your use let us know your requirements and we will let you know if it is available. We also have a selection of armbands and floats for the children to use whilst using the pool. The property is also suited to couples wishing to explore the region with its own balcony leading off the bedroom an ideal place to sit and relax.
Meet your host - Julie Ballantyne
After owning a holiday home in this region for a few years we decided to move on to bigger and better things here in Burgundy. Our search began and it wasn't long before we came across The Old Cafe deserted, run-down and completely overgrown with trees and shrubs. The gite was originally the farmhouse on the plot and was only opened up at Christmas for family get togethers, when the village cafe closed the house fell into disrepair and stood empty for many years. We moved here in 2005 and have completely restored the property and grounds into a comfortable and homely place for your enjoyment. We have also converted the old cow barn into a home for ourselves and live on-site all year round we are always on hand to offer guests help and advice and endeavour to remain in the background so that guests are not unduly disturbed during their holiday.
After living here in Burgundy for many years we have learnt through experience what best makes the property and grounds work, our aim has been to make the property as comfortable as possible without ruining its charm. We have made it easy for you to move around the grounds with ease and several seating area have been created for your enjoyment be it soaking up the sun by the pool or reading a good book in one of our more shady areas the choice is yours. The property is well laid out and suitable for families, couples or friends travelling together. The kitchen is well equipped and a you will find a BBQ on your terrace for those Al fresco dinners, a large dining room will allow all the family to sit round the table and talk about their holiday adventures and when you retire to bed there is a choice of two double rooms and a comfortable twin with full-size single beds.